Mexilhoeira Grande Main Church
Built between 1520 and 1540, the history of the Mexilhoeira Grande Main Church is associated with the Lords of Portimão.
The devout D. Francisco was enchanted by the place and decided to build this church using master builders from the Algarve and with the help of a personal friend from Vila Franca de Xira. This resulted in two artistic styles from distinct eras: Manueline and Renaissance. The Castelo Branco family crest is clearly visible on the top of the arch of one of the chapels.
Other Interesting Places
Keep exploring Mexilhoeira Grande