Alvor Castle was constructed in the 7th century, at a time when Muslims populated the Iberian Peninsula. Alvor Castle was greatly marked by wars between Moors and Christians, which destroyed it and left it in ruins. It was rebuilt in 1300 on the orders of King D. Denis.
CLASSIFICATION: PROPERTY OF PUBLIC INTEREST
Open to the public
Telephone: (+351) 282 459 326 – Alvor Parish Council
GPS: Latitude 37°07'45.4"N / Longitude 8°35'36.9"W